Monday, February 13, 2012

Miscellaneous Kenyon Projects (2005-2009)

Musicians weren't the only commissions I took at Kenyon.  Here are a few other post-it pieces completed during my time there.

"The Death of Socrates" (summer 2005)-- This piece was a gift to my friend Dr. Jim Bailey to accompany an article he wrote on the cryptic last words of Socrates: "Crito, we owe a cock to Asclepius.  Make sure it is paid in full."  The piece still hangs in the conference room of his office suite at the University of Tennessee Department of General Internal Medicine.  Again, this piece predates the finer stenciling techniques I would learn later, so everything here is cut with scissors.


One of the first pieces completed at Kenyon in the fall of 2005, this stylized Statue of Liberty was commissioned by my friend Max Zinser.


My take on Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling, this piece was one of my final projects in the fall of 2005, and it was later donated to the Integrated Program for Humane Studies at Kenyon (although it spent a pretty significant amount of time on my own dorm room wall before that happened).


Using a similar layering technique to the Young Elvis piece, this Spider-Man was commissioned by my friend Clara Cooper-Mullin in the spring of 2006.


Completed in the fall of 2006, this Mona Lisa was donated to the junior class auction and sold to Crozier House for Women.


My final post-it piece at Kenyon, this piece was commissioned by the school in the spring of 2009 in memory of Paul Newman, distinguished alumnus.  By this point, I had been using the stenciling approach for a while, but I was still finetuning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment