Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Stream of Consciousness (July 2012)

This one probably has some sort of deeper meaning, but I'm not completely sure what it is-- perhaps something to do with the fleetingness of thoughts and dreams?  The woman depicted here is Martha Vickers, a noted actress, model, and WWII pin-up girl who is probably best remembered for playing Lauren Bacall's trouble-making younger sister in the classic Bogey/Bacall film noir, The Big Sleep.  One of the things I sought to do with this piece was exploit the wide range of blue tones available in post-it notes, and while I think I accomplished this, a few of the shades did sort of run together (creating a lower contrast image than I would have preferred).  Still, I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'll also add a close-up here where the different blue tones are a little more apparent.  Now that I think of it, I ran into a similar problem with the Duck Dunn portrait a few weeks back.  Yep, there are about seven different shades of blue available in post-its, but the contrast between them isn't quite as high as I'd like.  It'll do though.

No comments:

Post a Comment