Monday, July 23, 2012

Monsters of Classic Cinema (July 2012)

I wanted to do something a little goofy.  Continuing the theme of classic film, I decided to take a look at some of the best bad guys in film history: old school monsters.  Also, just for kicks, I decided to do sort of a Warhol thing and ditch the black-and-white in favor of full color.

Count Dracula
Dracula (1931)
portrayed by Bela Lugosi

Frankenstein's Monster
Frankenstein (1931)
portrayed by Boris Karloff

Larry Talbot/The Wolf Man
The Wolf Man (1941)
portrayed by Lon Chaney, Jr.

The Creature/Gill-man
Creature from the Black Lagoon (1951)
portrayed by Ben Chapman and Ricou Browning














Also, I had some supplies that I needed to use up before my next move, so here's this.  I used images of Buddy Holly for inspiration along with a tip of the hat to the Doctor Who 3D glasses bit:


No comments:

Post a Comment